Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Editors



It would probably be fairly accurate to say that Editors were a band that I was always intrigued by but sometimes just didn't do enough to win me over until the album appeared.

They played at Middlesbrough Empire way back in April 2005. It had been something I had been looking forward to but they came on stage about 20 minutes late, looking tired and unhappy, played for about 20 minutes and then left. I was disappointed and tried to account for them. I knew in the pit of my stomach that it was not a precise reflection on them as a band. And I had still very much enjoyed the set they did play.

By the time The Back Room came out in July 2005 I think I was probably still fairly bitter about the gig. But somewhere along the line I forgave and indulged in the album. And at a time when I was just a little disappointed by the music being produced this album swept me off my feet.

I held onto it in the dark winter months and even to listen to now it characterises a particularly difficult period in my own personal life, but in a way that reminds me of the power of truly good music to help you build your life to again.

Unfortunately for one reason or another I've seem Editors live as much as I would of liked. And their upcoming tour I'll probably miss too. If you can get yourself along then do.

May 22nd, 2007 Warrington Parr Hall
May 23rd, 2007 London Roundhouse
May 24th, 2007 Wolverhampton Civic Hall
May 25th, 2007 Glasgow Barrowland
May 27th, 2007 Dublin Olympia

And with the new album An End Has A Start due out for June 25th I will be keeping my eyes peeled.

Golly gosh I hope it good.

This little excerpt sounds it though..

Editors Official Website.

Lovely.

Here is their MySpace too. Give You Are Fading, the live track, a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment