Sunday, September 23, 2007

Red Hatted Sue


RED HATTED SUE

Red-hatted Sue
How well I remember
Your beauty on opening day
Last September.

You hold your net
With such grace and poise
And scoop with a rhythm
Not a sound, not a noise.

When the ‘bait' was running
A few weeks ago,
You showed no emotion
How my admiration grows.

Re-hatted Sue
I can never forget,
Watching kilos of whitebait
Running into your net.

My heart jumped with envy
For you and your style,
But I am still waiting
For that first smile.

I’m dying to ask you
How you cook your 'bait',
With egg or onion
Or do you eat them straight ?

I’ve got some good recipies
In my refurbished kitchen,
And would love to serve you
Inanga and pigeon.

So Red-Hatted Sue
I fantasise when I’m baiting,
Every day at the river mouth
While you are waiting
For you clearly
Are the best catch
There’s no net big enough,
No man that’s your match.

I seriously think
I’m the one for you,
We could live in a baiters shack
Just me, and you
Red-Hatted Sue
Bob McKerrow

No comments:

Post a Comment