Tuesday, February 24, 2009

M.I.A.


I'm still on it.

"Hi, excuse me, hello, sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to ask what CD the track that is playing now is from.."
"Oh yes. That'll be The Brits 2009 compilation."
"I don't mean to be rude, but its not. I'm not questioning you, but I'm just telling you, it isn't from that CD. This is why I was asking, as its not on any of your Now Playing displayed CD's."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Oh," frantic looking around, "Errm."
"Its just The Brits CD doesn't do remixes, and this is a remix of a track by M.I.A. called Paper Planes. I just wasn't sure what remix it was."
"Are you sure it isn't on The Brits CD?" Looks at the tracklisting.
"I'm certain."
"Oh," picking up a Motown compilation, "It might be one of the others."
"No, it isn't. Its definately not considered a Motown classic and is not from the latest Take That album... I know who it is by and what the track is --"
Interrupting, "So what was it you wanted to know then?"
"It is a remix and I just wanted to know who by and it isn't on any of the CD's that I can see."
"Oh, well, errm... I'm not sure what to suggest."
"Nevermind, it is okay, thanks for your help anyway, thanks, bye, thanks." Under breath, "I don't even care... Or have the will to live."

It was the DFA remix.

M.I.A. - Paper Planes (DFA remix) [via YouSendIt for 7 days]

No comments:

Post a Comment