Saturday, May 29, 2010

Confessions of Middle-Aged 'Bieliebers'


Shantel Simpson isn't afraid of getting caught dancing to Justin Bieber's music -- even if her three children make fun of her. The 39-year-old mother, who boasts 'Eenie Meenie' and 'Overboard' as her favorite Bieber songs, tells PopEater that her kids "don't like Bieber at all... But I don't care. I blare his music."

Even though the floppy-haired, 16-year-old pop star has a reputation for making young girls swoon into compete hysterics, women over 35 are now stepping forward to admit they've caught "Bieber Fever," too.

Simpson first heard Bieber's music on the radio one day and has been listening to it ever since. "I like Justin's sincerity. He seems really down to Earth, and his mom seems to be doing a good job."

But being an older fan hasn't been easy for Simpson. "People always joke, 'Oh he's jailbait,' or 'He's just too young. He can't sing and doesn't have the voice.' But that doesn't bother me," Simpson tells PopEater. "There are a lot of older fans, but people are just afraid to admit it," she said, adding that her 42-year-old friend in South Carolina likes Bieber too -- even though they both "get made fun of for it."

Louise Rowe, 45, admits she had preconceived notions when she first heard Bieber's songs on the radio. "Actually, I thought he was black, so when I saw him for the first time, I was surprised like, 'Who is this little white boy?'" she laughs. "He can actually sing. He doesn't need to depend on anyone else or use a synthesizer or auto-tune to sound good."

Despite all the critics, Rowe believes Bieber has a long career in front of him. "Look at what he has done so far with 'My World.' His voice is still changing, but he'll get better over time. I'm really looking forward to it," she said.

Bieber's bubble gum pop pandemonium is obviously expanding, and it's not just consumed by young girls anymore, so rock on, Bieber. Show us what you've got.

Source: Pop Eater


OMG!!! I really think this is cool!! Middle-age Beliebers!! See haters of mine!! Thanks for calling me creepy!! I have my army now!! LMFAO!! But seriously.. I could relate to Louise Rowe's story! I felt the same way when i first heard Bieber's One Time!!

@bieberarmy_asia

No comments:

Post a Comment